2017 Boat Storage Information and Lottery Registration
The Boat Storage Lottery will be held
Monday, April 10, 2017
at the combined Harbormasters Night / Parks and Recreation Meeting
If you win, PAY by selecting "Pay or Edit My Account" from the main page
Please note: There is NO MONEY REQUIRED to register for the lottery. Everyone is initially on the WAIT LiST. Fees will be collected if you win a spot in the lottery.
Harvard Parks and Recreation offers boat storage at Bare Hill Pond for Harvard residents/taxpayers only. There are storage racks that can accommodate canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards, boat moorings in the cove and near the picnic area and a small number of boat slips. Since the demand for these spots is high, we conduct a lottery each year to assign slots. The lottery drawing is done at a Parks and Recreation Commission meeting and names are drawn randomly. Stickers will be issued to all lottery winners. All boats stored at the beach must have a current year sticker displayed or they will be removed.
2/27 Lottery Opens on Park and Rec Website – no payment due for lottery
Parking Stickers also available for purchase
4/8 Lottery Closes
4/10 Live Drawing at combined Parks and Rec/Harbormaster’s Night
Winners will be posted on this night
The Harbormaster will make the boat assignments.
Stickers can be picked up/paid ONSITE – or they will be mailed after this date
4/24 Deadline for all spots to be paid
5/1 First date stickers start being mailed
First date available at town hall (parking only)
The Commission has revised the processes this year. Please note the NEW Rules for the lottery:
- The lottery is open to all Harvard Residents including those who won a spot in the 2016 lottery.
- When the lottery opens, registration will be done via the Parks and Rec website. No money is required to register; however, payment is due by on the date above or your spot will go to the next person on the list.
- Each resident should only be in one "Water" lottery, anyone listed in two lotteries will be removed prior to the drawing.
- â€‹The "Water" lotteries are:
- Slips/Outer Moorings - Enter the lottery of your 1st choice, those that do not win a slip will automatically be entered into the outer mooring lottery
- Inner Cove Mooring Lottery - Enter if you boat is larger than a canoe/kayak but <= 14'
- Canoe/Kayak Lottery - you can enter this lottery and one of the "Water" lotteries
- Only one registration per household is permitted.
- The registrant must be the owner of the boat – no registering for neighbors and friends is permitted
- Registration numbers are required for motor boats. Failure to provide an accurate registration number will disqualify that entry.
- Canoe and Kayak rack entries must include the requested description details and are limited to ONE canoe and TWO kayaks per rack
The costs for boat storage for 2017 are:
Canoe/kayak (126 available) $30 for the first boat, $10 for additional (see regulations below)
Cove mooring (16 available) $40
Outer mooring (20 available) $125
Boat slip (8 available) $400
Senior Parking $25
Cove moorings are located to the right of the town boat ramp, in the cove to the right of the main entrance to the beach. Cove moorings are restricted to boats 14 ft. and smaller.
Outer moorings are located to the left of the main beach.
Boat slips are located on seasonal docks that are located to the left of the main beach, beyond the picnic area.
Canoe/Kayak Storage Rack REGULATIONS:
Limited to 1 lottery entry per household. This will be strictly enforced. Multiple entries in the lottery for the same household will be removed. You may store 2 kayaks, a canoe and a kayak, or a kayak and paddleboard on one rack. For the safety of everyone, the limit is two watercrafts per rack spot. The fee will be $30 for the first boat in your spot. For an additional boat there will be a $10 fee. Stickers will be distributed upon receipt of your payment. Specific rack assignments will be given and must be adhered to. For those residents who require easy access to their boat due to special needs or age limitations, the lower rack slots are reserved and will be awarded to those lottery winners with such needs. If boats are stored in an unsafe manner, Parks and Rec reserves the right to remove said boats.
All boats on the racks must have a current permit sticker affixed, or the boats will be removed.
Questions? Please email Parks and Rec – no calls please. Contact info is on website.